Throw back to Winter semester 2016-17. I had a night class on Tuesdays that literally almost killed me every week. I HATE night classes lol. Especially when they are 3 hours long about how to teach people haha! But, turns out the class actually paid off, why? Because my teacher would bring this lovely bread to class randomly and it would make my day 100x better hah! This bread is so delicious, you won't believe it!
I practically bribed my teacher to let me have this recipe, and she finally sent me a cryptic email with a random list of ingredients and that's about it lol. But after making it a couple times and tweaking the ingredients, I finally perfected this Italian Seasoning Bread. If you don't have Italian seasoning you can just use rosemary, it's still DELICIOUS, trust me! ENJOY!
Italian Seasoning Bread
Makes 2 mini loaves or 1 regular
1 cup warm water
1 1/2 teaspoon yeast
2 Tablespoons softened butter
1/4 cup sugar
3 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon seasoning (Italian seasoning or rosemary)
1) In a small bowl, combine warm water and yeast. Let proof for 10 minutes until bubbly.
2) In a kitchen-aid or large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Add proofed water and yeast mixture and stir together.
3) Sift together flour and salt and slowly add to wet ingredients with the seasoning. Knead dough for at least 5 minutes.
4) Let dough raise, covered, in the kitchen-aid bowl for a couple hours.
5) Punch down dough and place in greased bread pan(s). Let rise for another hour in pans.
6) Bake at 375° Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes for mini-loaves or 20-25 for a normal loaf. Enjoy!