Yesterday was great! I ran lots of errands, went to meet my friends who just got home from their missions, AND baked a delicious loaf of THE BEST BANANA BREAD EVER! When I finally made it home at around 4:30, it was time to make dinner!
I walked into my mom's room and we talked about what we should make for dinner. Now I had never made this dish before last night, but luckily my mother broke her leg ;) so I got to make it without her "help" because most of the time she just takes over anyway! I was pretty dang excited because this White Chicken Vegetable Pasta is the BEST! My mom has been making it for years, and I've always wanted to learn how to make it because I know I'll be using this one in the future!
Here's the vegetables you're going to need ^^^. You can also throw in anything else you have available! Asparagus or tomatoes or spring peas would also be wonderful in this dish. Just add the vegetables according to cooking time.
This White Chicken Vegetable Pasta is one of my families favorite meals! My older sister, Ellie, requested this recipe next because it is her all time favorite meal that our mother makes! It really is the best! It's quick, easy, healthy, and everyone loves it! I'm sure you will too!
White Chicken Vegetable Pasta
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 chicken breasts, cubed
5 medium carrots, diced in rounds
4 medium stalks of celery, diced
6-7 small bell pepper, diced (see picture above for vegetable sizes)
1 cup chicken broth
1 pint heavy cream
1 cup frozen peas
2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese (plus extra for garnish)
1 Tablespoon basil (fresh or dried)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1, 16 oz. box of linguine noodles
1) In a large sauce pan, heat oil, onion, and garlic, until onions are soft and garlic is fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook until the inside of chicken pieces are not transparent.
2) Add vegetables according to cook time (add carrots and celery then add softer vegetables).
3) Meanwhile cook noodles according to directions on box.
4) Add chicken broth to vegetables and cover. Simmer until all vegetables are soft.
5) Add cream and peas and cook for 5 more minutes on low.
6) Stir in cheese, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
7) Combine noodles and sauce and serve hot, garnished with shredded Parmesan cheese and fresh basil (optional).