Well people, here it is: My favorite macaroni and cheese in the entire world! I have loved this macaroni and cheese since is was a tiny girl. It has forever been my request to my mother for dinner (and, lets be honest, all other meals).
When I was younger, my mom would let me go down to our storage room and pick out the type of pasta we would use for this recipe. Bow ties were always my favorite, of course. Because "they're just so cute". Then I would help my mom shred the cheese and we would stir it all together and eat it all up. YUM!
This recipe is so easy and so SO good. It is 100% better than any box stuff you could eat. And it takes about the same time to make, so that's a plus!
Besides the fact that this macaroni and cheese is just straight up amazing, it only has three ingredients AND it takes one pan. So what are you waiting for?! Pull out your pan and let's get cookin'!
Quick and Easy-Macaroni and Cheese
Serves: 4 people as a main dish or 6-8 people as a side
16 oz. pasta (any shape)
2 cups high-quality cheddar cheese, shredded (we love Tillamook's medium cheddar cheese)
1/2 cup milk
Salt and Pepper
Parsley flakes (as garnish-optional)
1) Cook pasta according to directions on package.
2) Strain water out of pasta and place back in original pan.
3) Add cheese and milk and stir consistently until incorporated (place back on the stove if the cheese isn't melting).
4) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5) Serve immediately with parsley flakes sprinkled on top as garnish (optional).