Today I came home to the whole family chowing down on these cookies... These chocolate chip cookies are our staple cookies without oatmeal (want a good recipe for some with oatmeal? Try Mom's Famous Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies). My family loves these cookies because they are chewy and oh so tasty! Remember to not over bake them or they will be hard. Also, you can easily through in some M&M or other chocolate chunks to mix things up a bit!
These cookies always remind me of my childhood. I used to beg my mom to make "Cinderella cookies" everyday. These cookies are known as Cinderella Cookies in our house because they are best before midnight! I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups plus 3 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 teaspoon soda
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Cream shortening and butter.
3. Add in both sugars, eggs, vanilla.
4. Sift dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
5. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes until barely done (do not over bake or they will be hard).