Today I came home to the whole family chowing down on these cookies... These chocolate chip cookies are our staple cookies without oatmeal (want a good recipe for some with oatmeal? Try Mom's Famous Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies). My family loves these cookies because they are chewy and oh so tasty! Remember to not over bake them or they will be hard. Also, you can easily through in some M&M or other chocolate chunks to mix things up a bit!
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups plus 3 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon soda
2 cups chocolate chips
1. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together shortening and butter.
2. Add in both sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
3. Sift dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
4. Stir in chocolate chips (by hand), dough will be dry.
5. Refrigerate dough for at least 3 hours or overnight (or throw the dough in the freezer for as long as you can! Which is normally what I end up doing. About 30 mins works!)
6. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes until barely done (do not over bake or they will be hard. They should be gooey when you take them out). Enjoy!