Aren't these the cutest St. Patrick's cupcakes?! I think I'm going to make these a tradition from now on. March is such a boring month it needs a good cupcake tradition, don't you agree?
This is the same recipe from our favorite Three Layer Golden Chocolate Cake. It is SO yummy! It makes about 2 dozen cupcakes, so if you don't want that many cupcakes you may want to half it! Happy Baking!
Hershey's Three Layer Golden Chocolate Cake
Makes 2 dozen cupcakes
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 eggs (separated)
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup milk
1) Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2) In an electric mixer (or in a large bowl with a hand held mixer). Cream together shortening, butter and both sugars.
3) Add the egg yolks and vanilla and beat well.
4) Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and add alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture.
5) In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until sift. Then fold stiff egg whites into the batter.
6) Fill lined cupcake tins 2/3rds full and cook for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean. Let cool and frost with cream cheese frosting (recipe follows).
Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup butter (room temp)
2 cups powdered sugar (or more)
1 tablespoon cream or milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
1) Beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
2) Add powdered sugar, cream or milk, vanilla, and lemon juice.
3) Beat until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Stir in a couple drops of green food coloring. Ice cupcakes and top with golden coins.
this is heaven for every person who has sweet tooth. I tried it out and everyone loved it. I am going to recommend this to all my friends. Thank you for sharing lip smacking recipe.ReplyDelete