Happy Autumn! Are you looking for a recipe that looks, tastes, and smells like fall? Well congratulations, you just found it! This One-Bowl Caramel Apple Crisp is the perfect dessert for chilly fall nights.
I love autumn. For me, autumn is for hikes in the changing leaves, for eating pie (P.S. Want to know a secret... I like this apple crisp better than apple pie! Yep it's THAT good!) Fall is for jumping in pies of leaves and carving pumpkins. Fall is for good food! And let me tell you, this is what I call good food!
This One-Bowl Caramel Apple Crisp is as good as it sounds (and looks). This recipe combines tart apples, a brown sugar oat topping, and some melty vanilla ice cream with caramel drizzled on top. The end product? An amazingly delicious dessert that only takes one bowl and 9 ingredients to make!
One-Bowl Caramel Apple Crisp
3 pounds of cooking apples (about 9 medium)
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
¾ cup flour
1 cup rolled, quick oats
Caramel Sauce (optional)
Vanilla Ice cream (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
2) In a medium-sized mixing bowl, peel and slice apples and toss in lemon juice to keep them from browning.
3) Add cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar and stir until apples are coated evenly.
4) Transfer apple mixture to a 2 quart pan (9x13 glass pan or the equivalent).
5) Then in the same medium-sized mixing bowl, make the topping; combine brown sugar and flour. With a pastry blender or your hands, cut in butter until mixture resembles course meal. Add oats and combine.
6) Sprinkle topping onto prepared apples and cook for 45-50 minutes.
Post a Comment