Well. There's not much I need to say about these lovely things. AREN'T THEY ARE JUST GORGEOUS?! Believe it or not, they taste as good as they look!
This is my family's go-to brownie recipe. This recipe consist of dense, delicious goodness that has to much chocolate (NOT) and the perfect amount of everything else.
So, funny story:
I made these brownies and then had to go somewhere for a couple hours. I left the house, and told everyone that they could NOT eat the brownies. I got back home and my whole family was raving mad that I left them with such a temptation. But to my delight (and surprise) they were still untouched. Their frustration was hilarious and quite unintended.
Moral of the story:
Being a food blogger comes with a little bit of unhappiness from those around who aren't very patient. But then you always get a whole lot of love when they get to eat all the food.
Second Moral of the story:
These brownies caused the worst unhappiness and temptation for my family. Why? Well because they are the best! That's why!
Mmmm... just look at that perfect brownie crust. Brownie crust: it's the top of brownies that crinkles just perfectly to be the most tempting thing in the world. It's a real thing, I swear. Okay, okay, yes I made that up. But it should be a thing we all rave about because it's glorious.
Okay I'm done telling you about how good these brownies are, JUST TRY THEM ALREADY. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Double Chocolate Brownies
1 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
4 Tablespoons milk
4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 melted and 2 in batter)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1) Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
2) Prepare a 9 by 13 inch glass pan with cooking spray and/or parchment paper.
3) In a medium sauce pan; combine sugar, butter, and milk. Heat on medium, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a small boil.
4) Remove pan from heat and add 2 cups of chocolate chips. Stir in chocolate chips until melted.
5) Let mixture cool and stir in eggs and vanilla.
6) Sift flour, soda, and salt, and stir into mixture.
7) Add remaining 2 cups of chocolate chips to batter.
8) Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (PS: try your best to not over cook them).