The other day I was reading a cookbook (weird I know) and it got me thinking about how different families use different ingredients. Like cream of tartar kept showing up in all these recipes and I was like, "that's so interesting. I don't think my family even has one recipe with cream of tartar in it." You know what I mean?
My family definitely has those common ingredients as well. You'll probably notice in these recipe that they commonly use butter, pecans, chocolate chips, hopefully some sort of fruit or vegetable and most likely more butter. Maybe it's just me, but I honestly believe chocolate chips and some good chopped pecans will make anything better!
So, my point in telling you this? Well congratulations, you found post of all posts. This Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is everything in my family. It combines all those ingredients we love (and crave continually) all in one easy recipe. Plus it includes four bananas so it's healthy right? ;)
My mom has been making this bread nonstop for quite some time. And let me tell you, there's a reason for that because it's just SO DANG GOOD! Enjoy!
Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
4 ripe bananas
1/4 cup sour cream (you can substitute plain non-fat Greek yogurt here too!)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 2/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups chocolate chips (I use 1 cup milk and 1 cup semisweet)
1 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup coconut
1) Preheat oven to 350 ° Fahrenheit.
2) In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Then mix in the eggs.
3) In a separate bowl, mash together the bananas, sour cream and vanilla.
4) Add the banana mixture to the butter mixture.
5) Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, powder, salt and soda) and add to the batter. Mix until just incorporated.
6) Stir in the chocolate chips, pecans, and coconut.
7) Pour into two medium greased, floured, and lined bread pans and bake for 50-60 minutes. Enjoy!
Wanna make the muffins? Follow the ingredients and bake them for 20-25 minutes instead.