Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Good morning! Only 5 days until Christmas, which means that it is time to BAKE. Yay! I love baking, especially Christmas cookies! And these Chocolate Crack-ups are the definition of Christmas cookies. Aren't they just the cutest thing ever? I am a little bit obsessed with them, as you can tell by all the pictures!
Okay SORRY so many pictures, they are just so pretty! And they taste as good as they look! Enjoy!
Chocolate Crack-up Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen
Modified from Martha Stewart
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 cup cream (or 1/3 cup milk)
1 cup sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1) Melt chocolate in a double broiler (or carefully in the microwave).
2) In a KitchenAid (or in a bowl with an electric mixer), beat butter and brown sugar for 2-3 minutes. Mix in eggs and vanilla, and then melted chocolate.
3) Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Reduce speed to low and mix in sifted dry ingredients alternating with cream.
4) Refrigerate dough until firm (a couple hours if you can).
5) Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball in sugar and then powdered sugar. Bake until surfaces crack, about 14 minutes (try your best to not over bake them). Enjoy!