Last night, my family ate two of these peach pies in mere seconds. TWO. Let me remind you that there are only seven people in my family. This recipe should be hid where no one can find it. But instead, I am posting it here so that everyone in the world will be as fat as me during peach season hehehe.
This recipe came from my mother and aunt's coworker, Jane, way back when I was eating fresh peaches all year long in heaven. Although not everyone in my family knows Jane, we definitely know of her peach pie, it is something we look forward to every year.
9-inch pie crust, baked and cooled
7-8 peaches, peeled and sliced (1 cup will be cooked)
2/3 cup water
1 cup sugar
3 heaping Tablespoons of corn starch or tapioca
*We use 2 heaping Tablespoons Corn Starch and 1 heaping Tablespoon Tapioca*
3 oz cream cheese, room temperature (this is about 1/3 a block)
2 Tablespoons milk
Fresh Whipped Cream (optional)
1) In a saucepan, simmer 1 cup peaches and water for 3 minutes.
2) Add sugar, corn starch and/or tapioca. Boil for 1-3 minute, stirring consistently, until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool (meanwhile cut the rest of the peaches).
4) Mix together cream cheese and milk in a small bowl. On a cooled pie crust, spread cream cheese mixture on bottom of crust.
5) Fill prepared pie shell with fresh cut peaches and then pour cooked peach mixture on top, don't stir together (the order should go crust, cream cheese mixture, fresh peaches, and cooked peaches mixture).
6) Chill for 2-3 hours (to help it set). Serve with fresh whipped cream. Enjoy!