Red Velvet Cupcakes
Yield: 2 dozen
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs (room temp)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup buttermilk (room temp)
1 1/2 tablespoons red food coloring
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup butter (room temp)
2 cups powdered sugar (or more)
1 tablespoon cream or milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs, oil, buttermilk, red food coloring, and vanilla until well combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until smooth, about a minute.
4. In a small bowl, mix together baking soda and vinegar. While the mixture is bubbling, add to the batter and mix well.
5. Using a large cookie scoop, fill cups 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pan and transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6. To make Cream Cheese Frosting: beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Add powdered sugar, cream or milk, and vanilla. Beat until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Pipe (with a piping bag or a Ziplock) or spread onto cupcake tops. ENJOY!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you have any questions or comments!
Niice blog you haveReplyDelete
Despite limitations in our methodology, they were able to bring creative ideas to the table web design agency websiteReplyDelete
Achieve your commercial potential in the digital grows older with this advanced Literature And ArtsReplyDelete
The quality level on the final product and the timing were both impressive. Stoffwechsel FormelReplyDelete