We had a very lazy Sunday last week. We have church at 1:00pm, and I thought I would hate it, but it is actually great because I usually end up baking up a storm every morning! (Want to know more about my church/religion click HERE and scroll down to question three). Then I go to church and smell like muffins and everyone cries becuase they never make anything but ramen ;) #singleswards
I found this Blueberry Muffins recipe in my mom's recipe hard holder. It sounded so dang good so I went for it! Then, right before I threw them in the oven (haha okay I just had an image of me literally throwing these hahah, ok I placed them in the oven). Anyways (I say that too much). Uhhh oh yes! Before I placed them in the oven I decided to add some crumble topping! Because more butter and sugar is always better, hah! Well the end product was AMAZING. So, I probably didn't really need to convince you that these are good, but they are! So now you can feel confident about this recipe!
May you have a wonder lazy blueberry morning. You deserve it!
Blueberry Muffins with Crumble Topping
Makes 8 Large Muffins
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup blueberries
1/8 cup butter (cold, cut in pieces)
1/4 cup flour
6 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
2) In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat egg. Add milk, melted butter and vanilla.
2) Add flour, baking powder, salt, sugar. Mix until incorporated (don't over mix!).
3) Stir in washed blueberries very gently! (I usually do this step with my hand because I don't want to squish the berries, but if you think that's nasty then use a spoon and be careful haha!).
4) In a separate bowl, make the topping by using a pastry blender to cut in the dry ingredients into the butter.
5) Fill muffin tins full of batter and top with some crumble. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!