I got back from school yesterday to my Mom, Ellie (my older sister) and Covey (Ellie's husband) working hard on our new fire pit/patio. They were laying the slate stone and listening to extremely loud (and very exciting) Mexican music because, duh, Cinco de Mayo! Hah! It was quite a site considering the fact that my family is possibly the most white family in all the world, lol.
After a couple more rocks were laid down, Ellie and Covey went to get more slate stone and mom and I decided that (because we would probably do it wrong anyway) we would retreat back to the house and make something delicious, because that's what we do!
We decided to make these yummy coconut golden graham s'mores bars! They are seriously delish. AND they are only 5 ingredients to make, so that's always a plus!
These treats are guaranteed to please everyone! They are chewy and crunchy and all around AMAZINGGGGG. So here's the recipe, I promise you'll enjoy these wonderful things!
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
1 bag marshmallows (16 oz.)
1 box Golden Grahams (about 8 cups)
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Grease a 9x13" glass pan.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt butter.
3. Add marshmallows and heat on low until melted completely (do not burn the marshmallows, be sure to scrape all sides and the bottom of the pan with a heatproof rubber spatula).
4. Add golden grahams and stir until completely covered.
5. Add coconut and chocolate chips and stir until incorporated.
6. Pour mixture into prepared pan and flatten with a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly and firmly.
7. Cut into squares when cool.
Post a Comment